I think I may have successfully conditioned Hazel. For the past month or so, I've been humming or singing the same lullaby almost every time she is falling asleep anyway, usually while she's nursing or I'm cuddling her. I was thinking it might come in handy for helping her learn to fall asleep without sucking on anything. The other night, she woke up crying in the night, and it seemed like it might have helped, but today was even better. I finished feeding her and put her in her crib for her nap. She woke up as I was laying her down, and as I was reaching for the pacifier, I started to hum. She immediately turned her head to the side and fell back asleep.
Isn't that cool?! Of course, she might have done that anyway. I can't tell. But, if it is working, that will be so nice.
Also, it wouldn't be the first thing she's gotten conditioned to. Almost from birth, I trained her to suck when I stroke the back of her neck. And Anthony accidentally trained her to expect something to come to her mouth when he makes an airplane noise.
I love my baby.
Since I don't have many pictures of me and Hazel together, I got Anthony to take some this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She does seem to go for eyes. Also the mouth, she loves grabbing my chin and lips. Maybe she wants to see my teeth better? I hope we didn't train her to do that.
ReplyDelete