Monday, February 8, 2010

Bother

I really don't like the trash truck that comes to empty the dumpsters by our apartment.

Don't get me wrong. I am glad they get emptied. No, what I am unhappy about is the way they honk every time they come. And I'm pretty sure they come every day. And we have dumpsters on both sides of our quad, for some reason, so I hear honks over and over again. I think the honking may have something to do with the brakes, but still. Not acceptable.

Well, it would be more acceptable if they didn't have the uncanny knack of coming only when Hazel is napping. It's not like she naps all that consistently. It's like they're timing it on purpose to get here at different times every day when she's asleep.

I know what you're wondering. Does it actually wake her up? Only once. That once was enough.

Just one more thing to put on the list for my dream house: no huge honkin' trash trucks.

To lighten the tone of this post, I think I will conclude with some more features my dream house would include.

*A sprayer at the kitchen sink
*A non-white kitchen sink
*Carpet that is one color
*A giant box filled with different pillows that I can swim through
*An erosion table
*Furniture that cost more than $5

3 comments:

  1. I want a giant box filled with pillows too.
    and when I was little I would always say God bless the garbage truck in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you want practical things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I finally found your blog! You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete