Pregnancy is going well. I've been doing yoga along with a DVD, and I like it. I'm not sure how much exercise it really is, but it's increasing my flexibility noticeably, which is worth something, right?
My maternity wardrobe is much better than last time. I've made several new items, and modified ones I already had so that I am more likely to wear them. For example, a few of my tops are a bit too low, but I hate wearing an extra layer just to raise the neckline. So I've fixed some necklines. I may do future posts about my sewing endeavors, because I'm kind of proud of them...
The real reason to mention potty in the title is that Hazel is potty training right now. We started last Tuesday. She's seemed ready for a while, but I've been putting it off, because it seemed too stressful. Her diapers have been less and less effective (maybe because she won't stop messing with them) and on Tuesday morning, she was just standing there and her diaper (new an hour before!) leaked on the carpet. That was a catalyst for me. I realized if I have to clean the carpet even when she's wearing diapers, the diapers have ceased to be the clear easy route.
So, she's wearing thick training pants with plastic pants over, and using the potty. Only when we're at home, though, and when she's awake. I think she's about got this part down. Progress has been steady and significant. No accidents yesterday, and none so far today, though she's peed like eight times. I wonder if she's doing it on purpose for more M&Ms!
I'm planning on taking the advice of my wise mother and not worrying about naptime and nighttime potty training yet. She may not be ready to hold it while she sleeps anyway, so why stress out? Is using two diapers or pull-ups a day more expensive than washing her sheets every day? Probably not by much.
Now, a picture, to make the post worth looking at:
What DVD are you using? I've been looking for a good yoga DVD that's not too rough.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I want to see your mad sewing skills!