So, most of my posts on this blog seem to consist of me writing about how long it's been since I blogged, here's an update, et cetera. Well, I think I'm just going to quit doing that. I'll write if I have time/something to write about/I think of it. Just expect the long gaps in between! (I'm sure you already do anyway!)
Aaaanyway. I had a baby (on Sunday, October 9 at 3:40 PM, weighing 7lbs 14oz). His name is Joel Alexander, and he is adorable. I'm going to post his birth story sometime. I have it written down, and I don't know when I'll get to typing it!
On to pictures.
Hazel loves her little brother. She is very gentle and sweet with him. One thing I love is that she always gives him a kiss on the head and a "'il hug" at bedtime.
Not a day old yet, and so cute. :)
It took so long to leave that hospital. I'm so glad we managed not to spend more than one night there! It was impossible to sleep in that place.
I admit, I was hoping for this! I love it. How cute to have my little girl practicing taking care of babies. Being such a big believer in breastfeeding, it's gratifying that she's learning that this is a normal, good way to feed a baby.
Hazel started saying "Boo!" after baths (when wrapped in a white towel, looking like a ghost) a couple of months ago. Halloween costume dilemma solved. Yay for easy costumes!
Just this past Friday, Joel had his first real bath. I was concerned that it would be horrible for him, because Hazel really hated baths for the first while. But he loved it. He was calm and smiling (yes, he is already a smiler!) the whole time. Until we got him out. Poor guy; it's sad to be a cold, wet baby!
Since we didn't like the official hospital newborn pictures, we finally did our own photoshoot this Sunday. He just keeps getting cuter. :)
I love having two babies. It's hard, of course, but we're all adjusting pretty well. Joel is usually a good nighttime sleeper, and that definitely helps. Hazel is learning to share her parents, and I'm learning...a lot of things.
Monday, November 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE your post! And the pictures!! And I love you! And my beautiful Grandbabies! :)
ReplyDelete