It worked out pretty well, though the fabric I used for the second version is not as stretchy as the original. I think it will fit until the baby comes, though. :)
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Top #1
For top #1, I wanted to recreate my favorite maternity top from my last pregnancy. It was an extra-large shirt that I got on clearance when Mervyn's was closing, because of its beautiful fabric. I ended up making a few modifications, and voila! Cuteness.
So I made a pattern based on the purple top, then added a band on the bottom that would tie with a bow (something I saw on a maternity top someone else made and thought was extremely cute). I used a fabric that I got on clearance last summer. It is a cotton (I think) jersey with a very subtle green floral print. It took me two weeks total to complete, with several days of no sewing at all.
It worked out pretty well, though the fabric I used for the second version is not as stretchy as the original. I think it will fit until the baby comes, though. :)
It worked out pretty well, though the fabric I used for the second version is not as stretchy as the original. I think it will fit until the baby comes, though. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is an adorable top! Way to go!
ReplyDelete